- Applications and Dashboards
- Visualization Tools
This page describes how to set up Tableau Desktop and configure it for use with Rockset. You can integrate Tableau with Rockset to power real-time dashboards on NoSQL data.
Note: Make sure your Tableau Desktop installation is version 2019.2 (or later) and you have Rockset Java SDK version 0.7.0 (or later).
- Create an API Key using the Rockset Console under Manage > API Keys.
Place the Rockset Java SDK jar in the following folder depending on the operating system:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- Mac: ~/Library/Tableau/Drivers
Refer to Tableau Documentation for more detailed instructions.
In Tableau, navigate to Connect To a Server and select
Other Databases (JDBC):
- Configure the connection as follows:
jdbc:rockset://api.rs2.usw2.rockset.comfor URL (or the api url for your region if not us-west-2)
apikeyas Username and Rockset API Key as the password.
- Click on
Explore the schema of all Rockset collections present in your workspace:
Publishing to Tableau Server
Publish a workbook along with a data source to your Tableau server:
Serverin the Menu.
- Edit Data Sources and select
Embedded passwordfor Authentication.