- Trial Evaluation Guide
Trial Evaluation Guide
Welcome! This guide helps you get the most out of your Rockset trial. It covers everything you need to:
- Ingest data into a collection.
- Query that data with SQL.
- Execute queries via an API endpoint (we call this a query lambda).
The guide also teaches you about:
- Different virtual instances.
- How to debug query-related console errors.
- How to get support.
- How to incorporate Rockset into a production data application.
Our goal for this guide and the product itself is to be fully self-service. If you have issues throughout your trial or product ideas to improve the experience, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We treat all feedback as a gift.
A few things before we dive into the content. First, this is not an old architecture running in a container. Rockset has been cloud-native, serverless, and fully managed from day one. Second, it’s important to know what Rockset is best suited for. Rockset really shines with:
- Selective queries (search queries with equality or range in the WHERE clause).
- Queries that are complex analytically.
If you’re looking to query 1TB of data without a WHERE clause or you’re looking for full-text search, Rockset probably isn’t for you! Check out a cloud data warehouse or full-text search database.
Here are the topics we’ll cover in the trial evaluation guide:
- Learn the basics (Getting Started)
- Ingest your own Data
- Performance Tuning
- Trial Considerations
- Product Considerations
With that, let’s jump in.