Scaling Real-time Gaming Leaderboards for Millions of Players
Real-time analytics is integral to leaderboards, personalized experiences, and fraud detection in gaming and social applications, but can be challenging because of the need for complex queries at scale.
In this talk, we will discuss the growing need for real-time leaderboards in gaming and gamification scenarios, and examine various requirements when building leaderboards:
- real-time aggregations over user activity
- joins across data sets
- scalability to thousands of concurrent users
- minimal operational overhead
We will show how Amazon DynamoDB and Rockset can be used in conjunction to handle the massive scale of user activity and real-time aggregations and joins required by leaderboards.
About the Speakers
- Kehinde Otubamowo is a Database Partner Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS). Prior to AWS, he held various database administrator / engineering roles at leading Financial Services Institutions. When he is not tinkering with databases, Kehinde enjoys investigating the global economy, distributed systems and artificial intelligence.
- Kevin Leong is Director of Product Marketing at Rockset, where he works closely with Rockset's product team and partners to help users realize the value of real-time analytics. He has been around data and analytics for the last decade, holding various product management roles at SAP, VMware, and MarkLogic.